Projects, Plans & Initiatives
The following major projects, plans and initiatives are currently being coordinated by City Planning and Development:
- East Gateway Area Structure Plan: The City of Camrose is preparing the East Gateway Area Structure Plan (ASP). The ASP will define the future land use for lands located in northeast Camrose. To view the East Gateway Area Structure Plan draft, click here.
- Augustana Area Redevelopment Plan: The City has taken a proactive, community based approach to revitalize the Augustana neighbourhood through the preparation of an Area Redevelopment Plan. The Plan was adopted by Bylaw #2710/10 by Council on September 24, 2012. Click here to view the document.
- Cargill Area Structure Plan: Cargill Limited retained AMEC Environment & Infrasture to prepare a plan for the City of Camrose and Camrose County detailing the development of a canola crushing plant located in the County. The plan describes concepts of construction, utilities, road, rail traffic and stormwater control. To view the Area Structure Plan bylaw, click on Bylaw #2720/12. To view the redesignation bylaw, click on Bylaw #2718/12. To view the Cargill Area Structure Plan, click here.
- Downtown Action Plan: Land Use and Development policies within the Downtown Camrose. Click here to view the document.
- Heritage Survey & Inventory Project: Along with Heritage Collaborative Inc. and local volunteers, Fay Carlson, Lloyd Johnson and Corinna Nilson, the City recorded significant historic sites and cultural landscapes. Future plans will include a Heritage Advisory Board.
- Intermunicipal Development Plan: The City of Camrose and the County of Camrose entered into an agreement to allow for orderly development of lands within a fringe area immediately outside the City municipal boundaries, while continuing the ability of the City to grow. Click here to view the updated documents: IDP 2014 and IDP Map
- Municipal Development Plan: An update to the existing Plan was completed to ensure a vision of growth and development for our municipality. By-law# 2684/11 was passed in Council on August 22, 2011. Click here to view the document.
- Municipal Sustainability Plan: A collaborative plan for a sustainable city, looking forward to 2055. Click here to view the document.
- Secondary Suites: An alternative form of affordable housing while providing homeowners an revenue option. Funding grants are available.