To be eligible to vote, you must be:
- at least 18 years old,
- a Canadian Citizen,
- resided in Alberta for the 6 consecutive months immediately preceding Election Day,
- your place of residence is located in the City of Camrose on Election Day.
Every voter must sign a statement that he/she is eligible to vote in this election.
Every voter must produce one piece of photo identification with name and address that is issued by a Canadian government (federal, provincial, or local, or an agency of the government) OR one piece of identification with name and address. Click here to find out about Voter Identification.
Election Day and Voting Stations
Election Day is Monday, October 16, 2017.
On Election Day, eligible voters may cast their ballots at any of the following voting stations from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm:
- Mirror Lake Centre's Auditorium (Former Camrose and District Senior Centre): 5415 - 49 Avenue
- Camrose Community Centre/Field House: 4516 - 54 Street
- Camrose United Church: 4829 - 50 Street
- Century Meadows Baptist Church: 3720 - 66 Street
- Sparling Elementary School: 5216 - 52 Avenue
- Institutional Travelling Vote (Hospital and Lodges)
An Institutional Travelling Vote will be conducted at the following places on Election Day, at specified times:
- Bethany Meadows
- Stoney Creek Lodge
- Deer Meadows
- RoseAlta Lodge
Any person who is physically incapable of attending a voting station or advance voting station to vote, may phone City Hall (780.672.4426) or the direct line (780.678.3027) prior to Election Day requesting that their votes be taken at their residence on Election Day.
Anyone eligible to vote in the election may vote at an Advance Voting Station. Voter eligibility applies the same as on Election Day.
Eligible voters may vote at any of the following advance voting stations:
- Camrose City Hall - Council Chambers: 5204 - 50 Avenue
- Friday, October 6, 2017: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017: 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Saturday, October 14, 2017: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm