Special Ballots FAQs
Can I vote if I am unable to get to a voting station on Election Day or during Advance Vote dates?
Yes. You can request to cast your vote by Special (Mail-in) Ballot if you are unable to vote at an Advance Vote or Election Day (Monday, October 16, 2017) because you are:
- Physically incapacitated
- Absent from the local jurisdiction (City of Camrose)
- An election worker, candidate, official agent or scrutineer located at a voting station other than the one designated for your place of residence
How do I request a Special (Mail-in) Ballot?
Starting Tuesday, August 8, 2017, Special (Mail-in) Ballot applications will be accepted by the Returning Officer. You may apply to vote by Special Ballot through one of the following methods:
- Email the Returning Officer, Kim Isaak at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Person at City Hall
- Write to:
Kim Isaak, Returning Officer
City of Camrose
5204 - 50 Avenue
Camrose, AB T4V 1X6
- Phone the Returning Officer, Kim Isaak at 780.678.3027
- Fax the Returning Officer, Kim Isaak at 780.672.2469
- Full Name as it appears on your authorized identification
- Your telephone number and email address
- Your municipal residential address
- Your school elector status, if the elector is voting for a school board trustee
- Select the ballots you want included in your Special Ballot package
- Ballot Package delivery preference (regular mail or picked up at City Hall)
- Mailing address, if different from primary residential address
- Reason why a special ballot is requested
When is the earliest/latest I can request a Special (Mail-in) Ballot Package?
Special (Mail-in) Ballot packages can be requested by application starting at 8:00 am on Tuesday, August 8, 2017. The latest you can register for a Special (Mail-in) Ballot is 4:30 pm on Friday, October 6, 2017.
Do I need to supply ID when I send in my Special (Mail-in) Ballot?
Yes, in order to vote, you must produce one piece of authorized identification that establishes both your name and current residential address.
You will be required to provide a photocopy of your Authorized ID, such as an Alberta Driver’s License, when you return your Special (Mail-in) Ballot. The identification included with your ballot package must have the same name on it as the application. Do not send in original identification.
When does the special ballot package need to be back to ensure my vote counts?
In order for your Special (Mail-in) Ballot to be counted, it must be returned to the Returning Officer by 4:30 pm on Friday, October 13, 2017.
If mailed within Canada, return postage is paid. If mailed outside of Canada, the voter is responsible for return postage costs.
For more information about the City of Camrose Election, please contact:
- Kim Isaak, Returning Officer: 780.678.3027
- Jenny Wallace, Deputy Returning Officer: 780.672.4426
For more information on Municipal Elections in Alberta please visit the Municipal Affairs website to view the Local Authorities Election Act – FAQ’s.
Disclaimer: Election information is provided for reference purposes and in all cases the Local Authorities Election Act should be referenced for specific legislative requirements at www.qp.alberta.ca